History of the County Water District of Billings Heights
The District was originally founded in 1956 as the Bench Association for Water. It was governed by a Board of Directors which were elected by property owners in the newly formed district and still is to this day. Their original intent was to supply the Billings Heights with an adequate and safe supply of potable water. By 1963 the name had changed to the County Water District of Billings Heights and construction began on the original water supply infrastructure. Currently the District operates and maintains over 120 miles of distribution pipe and more than 5300 service connections. The District operates two 2 million gallon reservoirs and five pump stations to meet the Districts water demands. The District purchases all of the water supplied within the District from the City of Billings. The District is proud to keep our commitment of service and safe drinking water to the residents and businesses within the Heights Water District service area.